Vicksburg Convention & Visitors Bureau
JOB TITLE: Marketing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director/Sales Manager
CLASSIFICATION:Full Time- Salary-Exempt
The VCVB endeavors always to employ people who best reflect its commitment to marketing Vicksburg as a visitor destination. Such employees show loyalty, dedication, courtesy, dependability, drive, adaptability and cooperation with other employees and members of the public.
New employees have a six-month probation/trial period. If employer is satisfied with employee performance, employee may be put on permanent status after six months. If performance is not satisfactory, employee is terminated.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prepares a variety of marketing materials, and programs for promoting Vicksburg’s tourism product and activities including Calendar of Events, Visitors Guide, Lure Piece and other materials as needed
- Assists in coordinating riverboat cruise itineraries, guide assignments and requests for information
- Assists website administrator with entering data into Visit Vicksburg’s website and partner websites
- Planning and assisting with the Visit Vicksburg social media networks- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and other networks as assigned
- Assists in advertising placement and planning; prepares reports to evaluate quality performance to reach Visit Vicksburg’s target audience
- Additional duties as assigned by manager
Please send resumes or any inquiries to email@example.com.
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in English, journalism, marketing, communications or related field
- Possession of a valid Mississippi driver's license; willingness to travel for meetings and conferences (mileage/travel expenses reimbursed); willingness to work extra hours as required; requires some nights and weekends
- A person should have most or all the following skills: organizational, desktop publishing, public speaking, sales, ability to work under tight deadlines, writing, editing and social media networking
- Graphic Design capabilities are preferred (able to provide portfolio by request)
Resumes may be mailed to:
Attn: Deputy Director
1619 Walnut Street
Vicksburg, MS 39180